1. What did you do in 2014 that you'd never done before?
Travel abroad once a month for three months. Sorry, I am grasping at straws here. I have to be sleeping now.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Never made any.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Well, my cousin got his girlfriend pregnant, and she gave birth last January.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not that I know of.
5. What countries did you visit?
Singapore, Hong Kong, Singapore again, and I am writing this from Kuala Lumpur. Oh, wait, you meant country. Malaysia.
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
A cooler head, I guess.
7. What date(s) from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Things got so busy, I never had the chance to save dates in my head.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being a one-man magazine man. Thrice. Well, the last two times, I wasn't alone...
9. What was your biggest failure?
You do think you could always do things better. Also, the times when cooler heads don't prevail.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
The usual allergies. Oh, and that bald spot in my head, yes. Stress?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Does that laptop bag I got on sale in Hong Kong count? I had to buy that because my backpack gave way at the airport...
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
I'd say Rainy again. But really, I haven't kept tabs.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Disappointed, more of, but you're powerless about it, so...
14. Where did most of your money go?
Dates. And foreign trips. Work-related or otherwise.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
That Hong Kong trip, even if I had to fork out a bit of it myself. It's not a work thing exactly, for one.
16. What song will always remind you of 2014?
Right now the Preatures are playing in my head, so there's that.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I. happier or sadder?
Goes both ways.
II. thinner or fatter?
Fatter. But it's all perception.
III. richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Being pushy, thinking it's the best thing to do.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
It's over, I'm afraid.
21. Did you fall in love in 2014?
It lasts forever.
22. How many one-night stands?
I'd get slapped if I say a number above zero. That said, zero.
23. What was your favourite TV program?
Jane the Virgin, maybe? Selfie too? Ehrm. I have not really kept tabs. And I still haven't progressed on True Detective.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't think so.
25. What was the best book you read?
Because it made me a bigger urban planning freak, Charles Montgomery's Happy City (which I, err, bought on hardbound, for some reason).
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I won't claim credit for the Preatures, but there you go.
27. What did you want and get?
Adventures alone. And a better layout for that magazine I mentioned earlier.
28. What did you want and not get?
A one-terabyte hard drive.
29. What did you not ask for but get?
Gravitas, I assume.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
I don't know. Really.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25 at a Starbucks store, with my girlfriend. And Korean that night.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
It's late at night. I can't think this answer through, I'm afraid.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
If it fits, and looks decent. No brash patterns.
34. What kept you sane?
Sleeping at night with the radio on.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
For this year, you mean? Hmm. Umm. Hmm.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Well, everyone was attracted, like moths, to the pork barrel thing, right? It started last year, but it got bigger this year, and then we all promptly forgot about it.
37. Who did you miss?
I miss my girlfriend right now. I'm homesick.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Okay, this is hard. I did meet a bunch of new people this year. Tootsie comes to mind. But also (because it just happened hours ago) Zaty. We hit it off quite well, weirdly.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014:
Future. Future. Future.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
It's not a lyric per se, but it's the weird scatty interlude from Kimbra's "Miracle". I should make that my alarm tone...